Created at: 2023-03-06 20:22:15
English | 中文
Cross-platform desktop client for OpenAI API, also a prompt debugging and management tool
Why use ChatBox?
- Directly using or testing the OpenAI API can be quite challenging, requiring an understanding of programming, and may lack convenience. ChatBox can help you handle all of the underlying things.
- ChatBox also saves all chat messages and prompts locally, preventing data loss in online services.
- ChatBox can help you design, debug, and manage prompts, giving you greater control over the AI interface.
Alternative to ChatGPT Plus?
The idea is feasible. OpenAI also provides a developer API service, which offers the same functionality as ChatGPT Plus and some additional benefits as follows:
- Unlike ChatGPT Plus, which charges a fixed monthly fee of $20, the developer API service charges based on usage, resulting in lower overall costs.
- The developer API service enables more direct use of the model behind ChatGPT, such as using more flexible prompt role debugging and parameter debugging.
Supported platforms and architectures:
Mac: x64, arm64(compatibility with x64 tested)
- [x] AI chat and session management
- [x] Store all your important message data locally.
- [x] Markdown
- [x] Streaming reply
- [x] Api Host configuration
- [x] Automatically generate tab titles
- [x] Button for clearing messages.
- [ ] Chinese language support
- [ ] Copy button for code blocks
- [ ] Night/Dark mode
- [ ] Stop button for generation process
- [ ] Drag-and-drop sorting of tabs
- [ ] Prompt and parameter configuration
How to contribute
Any form of contribution is welcome, including but not limited to:
- Submitting issues
- Submitting pull requests
- Submitting feature requests
- Submitting bug reports
- Submitting documentation revisions
- Submitting translations
- Submitting any other form of contribution
Buy me a coffee
GNU General Public License v3.0